Everything You Need To Know To Buy Perfume in Andorra
It happens to all of us, whenever we travel and we are away from home for a few days...
If you want to take advantage of your next visit to these incredible lands and buy perfume in Andorra, take note because I have some tips to give you.
In general, the prices of many products are lower than in Spain, being exempt from IVA. This, in itself, already makes it profitable to take advantage of your visit to Andorra. But, besides, many of the stores include additional discounts, which makes it even more attractive.
The tax applied by the government of Andorra to cosmetic products (the I.G.I) is 4.5%. If we compare this with the IVA of this type of product in Spain (which is 21%), we can better understand that price difference between countries.
In general, depending on the perfume brand and where you buy it, the sale can range from 15% to 50% in some cases. It also depends if you go during the sales season or not.
When entering a perfume shop, do not look at the price indicated on the label, since the discount is applied once you pay for the product in the cash register. My recommendation is that you ask the shop assistants for the final price, to give you a more accurate idea of how much it will cost you.
An Infinity of Stores
One of the things that catch my attention in this fascinating country is the number of stores it has. It has approximately 2,000 stores. If we take into account the small dimensions of it, it is normal for you to think how can that be profitable? Andorra la Vella, with 22,000 inhabitants, has about 400 stores, something really surprising.
If it were not for the competitive prices and the tourism it attracts thanks to them, it would be difficult to sustain such a large number of shops.
What Is The Best Time of The Year To Buy Perfume in Andorra?
Today I will reveal the best-kept secret of the Principality. And there are times of the year more suitable to buy than others.
At the end of April and the beginning of November Andorra celebrates its particular “Shopping Festival”. At this time, the capitals and surrounding municipalities become the nerve center of shopping. You can find lower prices than ever, yes, but you can also enjoy entertainment activities and contests for both adults and children. Also, the streets are filled with lights and colors to convert your shopping to a party.
Shopping Areas with Better Discounts
There are many points in the Principality where you can spend a pleasant day touring shops and getting the cheapest perfumes. Both stores at street level and those located in shopping centers or department stores have an unmatched offer and variety.
– Shops in Andorra la Vella: Meritxell Avenue is, without a doubt, the heart of all the purchases done in Andorra. It has stores of all kinds and perfumeries with the main market firms. You can do your shopping both in stores on the same street as entering the “Pyrènèes Department Store”and what used to be “Escale”, which is now called “SuperU”.
– Shops in Escaldes-Engordany: If you are one of those who prefer to walk, you cannot miss Carlemany Avenue, which is a pedestrian area and you will find all your favorite shops and perfumeries. But, if you prefer department stores, then I recommend that you enter the “L’Illa Carlemany” shopping center, where all the major brands are concentrated.
– Shops in Encamp: This municipality has two commercial areas. One of them specializes in clothing and ski equipment and is very close to the Funicamp cable car. The other area, where we can find the cheapest perfumes is located in the center.
– Shops in La Massana: It is not the most prominent shopping area, but it does have several very interesting ones.
– Shops in Sant Julià de Lòria: Being one of the municipalities closest to customs that separate Andorra and Spain, there are the main shopping centers. Surely you have heard of the famous “Punt de Trobada”. It is, without a doubt, one of the department stores by excellence. In it, you can find everything and concentrates the largest number of perfumeries you can imagine.
You will also find the “River” and “Sant Eloi” shopping centers, as well as various stores in the same city.
Main Perfumeries of Andorra
It is well known by all that the best perfume brands in the world are concentrated in Andorra. There you can find virtually all brands of your favorite colonies and, at the same time, at incredible prices.
If you came with clear ideas and want to make an intensive session of perfume purchases, the busiest stores are Jùlia, Gala, IF, Orquídea, Luxury, Perfumería Pyrènèes, Glob Perfumería, The Body Shop, and Alma Estilistes.
Another thing you should know is the business hours, which are usually:
– From Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm and from 4 pm to 8 pm
– Saturday from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm and from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
– Sundays from 10 am to 1 pm and from 4 pm to 7 pm
On many occasions, shopping centers do not close at noon on Saturdays or Sundays, as they have numerous restaurants. Also, in high season for shopping, such as Christmas, the hours of these shops are extended until 10 pm many of the days.
But, as it opens for more hours on designated dates, they must also comply with closures on national holidays. Thus, 4 are the days in which Andorran shops and perfumeries remain closed:
– 25th December, Christmas
– January 1 New Year
– March 14: Constitution Day
– September 8: Our Lady of Meritxell (Patron of Andorra)
Now you have all the information you need to enjoy a day of shopping and take home your favorite perfumes at scandalous prices. So … Take advantage of it!